Health is the best asset that you can earn. It is easier to acquire than the riches of gold and money that people run after. It is the greatest wealth hidden from our sight. Health is the best form of wealth. Here are the ten gems of life that can assure the happiest life.
Health is the best form of wealth. There is a Tamil saying which means that the healthy are the most wealthy. Health is the best asset that you can earn. It is easier to acquire than the riches of gold and money that people run after. It is the greatest wealth hidden from our sight. It can lead us to the hidden treasure of the happy life, mentioned by Jesus. "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." (Matthew 13:44)
Here are the ten gems of life that can assure the happiest life.
Ten gems of good health = good wealth
1) Prevention: Prevention is better than cure. Do you remember the saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."? Pay heed to the warnings around that prevent you from the risks of diseases.
2) Balanced diet: The best panacea can turn into poison if it exceeds its level. Maintaining the balance between the three humors is the basic of the ancient system Ayurveda. A balanced diet prevents diseases and helps proper functioning of all the organs. Eat the necessary quantity of grain, fresh vegetables and fruits. Consume less fat, sugar, fries and foods with artificial additives.
3) Drinking water: Water is the largest content of the body. It is very essential for digestion, blood circulation and elimination of wastes. Always drink pure and quality water and avoid dehydration.
4) Exercise: Exercises keep the body in condition. Your body uses energy to keep going. Simple exercises such as walking and gardening involve continuous and rhythmic physical motion. They improve blood circulation and immunity power. They train your body to become more efficient and use less energy for the same amount of work. Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, may be any type of exercise, can help your optimal health.
5) Moderate life: Moderation in everything is necessary for good health. Diet, sleep, exercise, sex, work, play and every aspect of life needs moderation.
6) Avoid vices: Misuse of the body energy such as sex is dangerous for health. Smoking, alcohol, etc., leads to unnecessary health problems.
7) Laugh more and worry less: Laughter boosts healthy changes in body and mind. It strengthens your immune system, reduces all kinds of pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of worry and stress.
8) Join nature: Nature is the best physician. When we do things with nature, Mother Nature blesses us with abundant health and happiness. Going against nature is always dangerous. Nature has provided everything that keeps up our health.
9) Cleanliness: Needless to explain the importance of cleanliness. The cleanliness of self and surroundings is one of the principal foundations of health in body and mind. Untidiness is the gateway for all diseases and mental problems. Mother nature has blessed us with pure air, water and foods. It is the human weakness that defiles everything.
10) Share: Sharing is a healthy life. It is the secret of happiness. It reminds us the golden rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It provides health to all.
All the ancient medical systems and religions insist the above gems for finding the hidden treasures of good health. They have been the gems of health wealth of all times.